It’s that time of the year again – the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017. What makes this sale so much better than others, you ask? Well, Nordstrom releases all of its NEW fall essentials at a discount, instead of just slashing prices on old merchandise. It’s a great time to stock up on everything from denim to boots to handbags and accessories for the upcoming season. While Nordstrom will be restocking merchandise throughout the sale, it’s best to plan ahead and have a strategy. So here are the key dates you need to know:
- Early access to the sale starts tomorrow, July 13th. If you want to shop early before the general public, you will have to have a Nordstrom credit OR debit card. If you don’t already have one, you can apply here.
- The sale opens up to the public on July 21st and goes until August 6th, at which time all prices go up.
Similar to previous years, I’ll be posting throughout the sale with my picks and buys. But since the extravaganza officially kicks off tomorrow and Nordstrom has already released it’s swoon-worthy preview catalog, I thought I’d help you get a head start on scoring the best merch by sharing some tips for shopping the sale:
In order to get ready for the sale, here are a few tips that will help you secure the best merchandise:
- Shop early. Even if you don’t have a Nordstrom card and don’t want to apply for one, chances are, you have a friend or family member who does. If you’re really nice to them, they may let you use their log in to take advantage of early access (starting tomorrow).
- Do an inventory of your closet. As I said before, this isn’t last season’s inventory – it’s brand new merchandise at super sale prices. So it’s a prime time to take inventory of what you need for fall. Make a list of what you have, what you need, and fill in the holes for your fall wardrobe.
- Plan for down the road. Need a dress for that September wedding? A new jacket for fall? A gift for your husband for an upcoming birthday? Now is the time to stock up.
- Keep an eye on your favorite designers. I had my eye on a pair rag & bone booties of for two years, but couldn’t bring myself to pay the $500 price tag. I finally scored my first pair at the Anniversary Sale back in 2013 and I’ve faithfully worn them every fall since. So while you may not be able to afford your favorite brands at full price, you may be able to during sale time.
- Be exhaustive. I usually shop for clothes and accessories and forget that the sale isn’t limited to these items. It’s a great time to shop for beauty and home items, too!
Keep checking back for more tips and sale picks – and get ready to shop! In the meantime, here are Nordstrom’s current items already on sale: