Brought to you by Andrew Marc
It’s officially spring, which means it’s time to put away your heavy down coats in favor of lighter layers. I always consider winter coats a necessary evil used to shield from cold wind and nasty weather, instead of part of my outfit. Conversely, spring jackets can add that finishing touch to your look and actually pull it together vs. covering it up. I’ve had my winter coat for just over six years – a quilted Marc New York by Andrew Marc number with a faux fur-accented hood. It’s cute and durable, and has shown zero signs of wear, even after all of these years. So I was excited to discover that Marc New York also has an equally great selection of transitional pieces that are perfect for the spring season. So today I’m rounding up some of my favorites.
- ‘Whitney’ Moto Jacket: Every girl needs a leather moto jacket – it’s the perfect piece to balance out those girl spring looks.
- ‘Dakota’ Anorak: I love the unexpected choice of denim for the fabric of this anorak – which is a perfect layering piece for running weekend errands or throwing on over your leggings and sneaks to head to a yoga class.
- ‘Foster’ Bomber: The bomber has been one of my favorite trends as of late. This one is water repellent (perfect for those spring showers), and comes in three shades. The off-white is my favorite.
- ‘Taylor’ Trench: A classic trench is an investment that every closet needs. No piece can make you look quite so classy and put together. This particular trench gets bonus points for it’s removable hood for rainy days.
- ‘Leigh’ Suede Bomber: See above re: loving bomber jackets for spring. The suede fabric makes this version extra-luxe.
- ‘Faye’ Anorak: Crafted in a water-repellent nylon, this anorak features a drawstring hood and four snap flap front pockets. The adjustable waist complements the edgy silhouette and makes this the perfect topper for casual attire.
- ‘Lonny’ Suede Biker Jacket: This fitted, lightweight suede biker jacket is perfect for wearing alone or layering for chillier days. Quilted details at the arms complete the look.
- ‘Lillian’ Racer Jacket: A subtle take on the classic racer jacket, this piece comes in traditional black and this unexpected sea breeze shade.
- ‘Oakley’ Quilted Bomber: If you’re in need of a little extra warmth on a chillier spring day, this bomber is for you. It’s water repellent, and comes in red and white, too.